Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Purpose

I created this blog to chronicle my mysterious career so far, and to explore my theory that an authentic career is nothing but biographical culmination.

That is, by identifying and integrating all the elements, events and encounters in one's life, one can see for the first time the shape and contour of one's true career.

Indeed, my theory is that a true career comes from a strategic study (1) of one's biography, of one's self-knowledge and of an accurate, evolving understanding of the person one has become.

If a career has little to do with who we truly are, then it has little validity. It has little momentum. And it has little power in helping us to become the best we can be.

(1) By "strategic study," I mean a structured analysis using the Ideal Career Framework (ICF) I developed in August 2005. More on ICF later.

No comments: